Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need PWM pulses of 3.3V, and my micro-controller is giving 1.8V PWM signals. I have a voltage source of 3.3V. One way I am thinking is to use two cascaded inverters(like NOT-GATE) using MOSFETs. Is there any other good ways to do this?

share|improve this question
You could use a single MOSFET or BJT. – David Schwartz Feb 26 '14 at 10:32
How would I do with one? – noufal Feb 26 '14 at 10:36
You can often invert the PWM polarity in the microcontroller and use a single inverter (or transistor in common-emitter mode) for level shift. – Brian Drummond Feb 26 '14 at 13:11

Logic level converter: -

enter image description here

This one works with two Vcc levels from 0.8V to 3.6V.

share|improve this answer

You can also use a bi-directional voltage-level translation device. Here are some from ti, analog and maxim.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.