I'm wondering whether anyone has any experience with the SM130 Mifare module. I've managed to get my hands on one, sans antenna of course, and seem to be having a few issues with it.
I've got the module connected to an FTDI 5V USB to TTL converter via the UART lines. I've added capacitors over the power rails for good measure. I've got the SM130 module connected to a single wire, a home-brew PCB antenna and a whole 50m roll of thin hookup wire as an antenna. In all cases, I've used the SMRFID software from SonMicro directly, which identifies the device correctly and can enable the RF field and disable it just fine. I took out my SSB shortwave receiver and I can hear the field being energized and de-energized.
Here comes the problem:
I've ordered a fair amount of the Mifare transparent and ABS tags, however, when I select seek for tag, SMRFID always reports finding
TAG TYPE: 55 SERIAL: 2E31204D, despite there being no tag in the field. Even with a tag in the field, it refuses to find it and reports the same details. I've tried relocating the device and antenna somewhere else, thinking it's interference, but still it didn't help. I also tried toggling the reset pin a few times; still no change.
The datasheet says that it should return an
L representing "Seeking for tag" right after a seek command and sit there until a tag enters the field. Instead, my module seems to be reporting an
L, then barely 10 seconds later, will report the same data.
At this point a short list of possibilities would be helpful; a total solution is not expected.