I'm planning a light sculpture. It will consist of a large number of RGB LEDs mounted on a tree-like galvanized steel frame. Each LED has four wires -- GND, +5V, data-in and data-out. For aesthetic reasons, I would like to use magnet wire to connect the LEDs, intertwined with the steel frame. So if one looked closely at the sculpture, one would see a twisted bundle of thick steel wire (non-conducting!) and several strands of conducting magnet wire.
I'm worried that the thin insulation on the magnet wire might wear off and cause a short circuit, either with the steel wire frame or with other lengths of magnet wire.
How much jostling/rubbing/abrasion can magnet wire take before the insulation is compromised?
Once the sculpture is complete it will not be handled very much, but during assembly there could be a fair amount of jostling.
 I know there is no way to give a precise answer. I was looking for something like "I've done project XYZ which subjected magnet wire to a certain amount of abrasion, and based on that experience I would guess this project will [or will not] work."
Also, I should have specified that I plan to use magnet wire with multiple coatings.