Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is the name/type of this negative voltage-generating circuit?

Enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 9 down vote accepted

Polarity-inverting buck-boost is what it is called.

share|improve this answer

This is a Buck-Boost converter.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.