This is my first question in stackexchange community. And i'm sure that my questions will find suitable answers here, thank you guys in advance.
I'm really curious about the mobile hardware platforms, and i can see that the market contains a lot of manufaturers and processor systems, from which i can count:
- Samsung Electronics: Exynos® (5)
- Qualcomm: Snapdragon® (S4 - Krait)
- Nvidia: Tegra® (4)
- Texas Instruments: OMAP® (4470)
- Apple: A5X®
(in brackets the latest platforms' versions released/rumored as i know). Now my questions are:
- Do these parties develop/manufacture/integrate/...etc the common ARM® processors' architectures and distribute/ship them as end-user handsets processors?
- Can any body clarify the business relationships between these companies?
- What are the graphics controllers compatible/used with each system (i.e: PowerVR SGX series, ...etc.)
Any additional data (regarding market shares, systems' block diagrams, latest products) will be appreciated. THANKS.