I've read quite a lot of threads here about P-MOSFETS and how to drive them properly from IC but still have some questions.
Here's the schematic:
Some useful values from MOSFET datasheet
Vgs(th) -2..-4 V
Rds(on) ~0.07 Ohm
C ~1.5 nF
Schematic will be used to control a lot of common-anode RGB LEDs and current will be around 1A, so 60V/28A(max) MOSFET may be an overhead but that's what I got.
Can you please help me with the following
1. Will the schematic work as it is without NPN transistor controlling MOSFET gate?
2. Do I actually need current-limiting resistor to control Vgs or just the pull-up will do it?
3. Will MOSFET saturate on Vgs ~ -5V?
4. Will MOSFET close on Vgs ~ Vd - Vs = -1.7V?
5. How does the value of Pull-Up resistor affect how quickly I can switch MOSFET on/off (is 100Hz achievable?)