Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Trying to find the best way of describing a circuit that uses multiple separate physical paths to reduce effect of inductance on by HF signals.

Is there a term for such?

share|improve this question
"parallel return paths"? – The Photon Jan 10 '13 at 18:31
up vote 1 down vote accepted

It's well understood that parallel inductances present a lower effective inductance. An engineer would call such a circuit simply "parallel", or since this is usually done with capacitors, "parallel capacitors", and the aim of reducing inductance is obvious.

Incidentally, it also increases capacitance, but arguably that's the same thing: making the reactance at some frequency of interest more capacitive, or equivalently, less inductive.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.