Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

When looking at the Texas Instruments Webench designer, one of the columns reads


What does this mean?

enter image description here

share|improve this question
It's a little bit hard to tell without more context, but usually pp stands for peak-to-peak. Does this fit your context? – Nick Alexeev Jan 16 '13 at 20:55
This is to do with buck converters, so I'm wondering if it's to do with dropout voltage or voltage ripple? – josef.van.niekerk Jan 16 '13 at 20:57
up vote 11 down vote accepted

Output Ripple Voltage, peak to peak.

This is the expected ripple the proposed design would produce, at the rated parameters of operation. Less is better, all else being equal.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.