I am seeing if I can trace out remake some circuit boards laying around. For this particular board, I can identify all parts except this diode.

The part number is CK 2EZET (I am only assuming it is a zener based on the part number) Diode Picture

I tried googling just part of the number and came up with this: 2EZ Diode Series

Even if I cannot find the exact part, can I use any zener diode with similar characteristics? It is reverse biased across 28V Input and GND (This board controls a motor)

Thanks for any help


1 Answer 1


Yes, you can use a similar Zener:

  • the same or higher power
  • the same breakdown voltage

If you can't identify this diode, it would be a good idea to take it out and measure its breakdown voltage.

It is reverse biased across 28V Input and GND

If this is what you mean:

enter image description here
Source: HyperPhysics

Then the breakdown voltage is VZ


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.