I am about to wire up some HIH-4000 humidity sensors to a project of mine. The datasheet suggests a maximum voltage of 5.8V in (minimum 4V).
If I am using a 4AA battery pack (non-rechargable), will I have to worry about the extra .2 volts going through the HIH-4000?
I know 4 AA batteries are theorized to produce ~6 volts and I will be using the 6 volts elsewhere in my circuit to run other things.
Here are my questions:
- Should I worry about resisting the extra .2V?
- If so, will a simple resistor work for the long term?
- Whether I use a resistor or I make a step down converter, should I step it down more, to around 5V?
- Will this extend the life of the HIH-4000?