I just installed a solar array to charge an existing battery system. Even with full sun my charge controller is not receiving enough voltage to go into charge mode. All the system info is below.
Existing battery bank:
- 24 volts
- 600 amp hours
- 6 panels wired in 2 series
- Rated power Pr SW250
- Maximum power Pmax 250W
- Maximum power point voltage Vmpp 30.5V
- Maximum power point current Impp 8.27A
- Open circuit voltage Voc 37.6V
- Short circuit current Isc 8.81A
- Outback FLEXmax 60
- Capable of receiving high voltage and converting it to 24+ volts for charging.
In full sun the charge controller is only receiving 18.5 volts from the panels. I would really appreciate suggestions as I can't think of a starting point for troubleshooting.