This is a two pin, locking style connector with "AMP" molded into the front edge; there is also a "P". Material is nylon or similar and the pins are pushed in from the rear like Molex connectors. What is "unusual" is the D shaped profile of the "nose" - close but not compatible with other two pin connectors I can easily obtain :(

two pin locking connector

AMP/Tyco never got back to me and our usual distributors are clueless. We have a few thousand machines in service with 24 volt power supplies that use this connector (manufacturer of the power supplies is HIPRO - now under new ownership - also not communicating)

Have spent a week trawling through connector catalogs, waited a couple of weeks for Tyco and the power supply folks to get back to me... a bit frustrating.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Universal Mate-n-Lok \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 13, 2014 at 3:23

1 Answer 1


That connector family is called the Mate-n-Lok series. They are great power connectors and have been around for years. They come in two general sizes, the Mini type and the standard or Universal series.

Here is a link to the Mouser catalogue page for the Mini.

Your two pin is hard to tell from the picture if it is the universal or the mini.

This is the one you are probably after:

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ +1. If EE.SE could have its own badges, we would have a badge connectorologist. It could be awarded for a certain number of upvotes (and/or accepted answers) in questions tagged connector and identification. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 13, 2014 at 3:51
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @NickAlexeev but one can get badges specific to a tag, so just create the connectorologist! :) \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 13, 2014 at 5:14
  • \$\begingroup\$ moreover usually a connectorologist is a life saver \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 13, 2014 at 8:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.