I built the following circuit, a reference VIPer22A circuit.
It works fine but I have a little problem. It gives an electric shock on the secondary side. It's not a "line" shock (sticking your fingers into an outlet), but rather, a "tingly" shock if you touch the device while you're grounded.
It's the same thing that happens when you have an PC power supply not connected to mains earth.
The obvious solution would be, of course, to connect the secondary GND to Earth. The problem I have with this is that this is an audio amplifier, so I'd rather leave GND floating.
Is there a way to eliminate this shock? Capacitively connecting GND to EARTH? Or should I just connect my circuit's ground to Earth?