Is it easy to layout a PCB with this kind of connectors?


And what's the name of the female part of this type of connection?

Honestly, Im just lost in the interconnections world. What are the most common names for SMD and/or trough-hole connectors?



It's a card edge connector, here is a typical example. PCB design using them is quite straightforward. They can be single-sided or double-sided. It's an example of a direct connector; there are also indirect connectors, such as the DIN41612.

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Card edge connectors are fairly standard, but usually involve an extra fabrication step to gold-plate them, which many cheap fab houses don't offer. \$\endgroup\$ – Simon Richter Jan 25 '19 at 13:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ You would typically create a Symbol for the connector and place it on the board, vs a bunch of individual pads. It would plug into something like one of these digikey.com/products/en/connectors-interconnects/… \$\endgroup\$ – CrossRoads Jan 25 '19 at 13:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.