I am trying to simulate this circuit on PSpice as my first PSpice homework, I'm required to learn to simulate circuits on this software.
From calculations, we know that:
- Ix = 16 A.
- Current through 20 V source is 6 A.
- Voltage across VCCS is 12 V.
- Voltage across the CCVS is 8 V.
- 20 V source delivers 120 W.
- 10 A source delivers 200 W.
- VCCS absorbs 192 W.
- CCVS absorbs 128 W.
By going and simulating this in PSpice I got this, which is obviously a wrong simulation:
**** INCLUDING SCHEMATIC1.net **** * source SDFGSDFGSDF V_V1 N00310 0 20Vdc I_I2 0 N00296 DC 10Adc X_H1 N00596 N00608 N00608 0 SCHEMATIC1_H1 G_G1 N00296 N00596 N00296 N00310 0.8 .subckt SCHEMATIC1_H1 1 2 3 4 H_H1 3 4 VH_H1 0.5 VH_H1 1 2 0V .ends SCHEMATIC1_H1 **** RESUMING kkkk.cir **** .END ERROR(ORPSIM-15142): Node N00296 is floating
What I double-checked:
- Since there are multiple libraries providing the 0 symbol for the ground, I made sure SOURCE is the library providing ground.
- For the the current controlled voltage source (CCVS), I made sure the PSPice library's symbol was G.
- For the the volatage controlled voltage source (VCVS), I made sure the PSPice library's symbol was H.
- Double checked all positive and negative signs.
Double checked all values
It worked after changing the circuit to the following: