I've seen a partially diffusing flexible optic fiber used in several places, but I can't figure out what exactly to google to find the stuff. Does it have a name?

I'd like to stick leds to each end of a ~50cm piece of it, and have it light up all the way.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Unfortunately shopping questions are off-topic, as per the help centre. \$\endgroup\$ – David Sep 16 '14 at 6:40
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks for the heads up! I edited the question, hopefully it's ok now. \$\endgroup\$ – Schlaus Sep 16 '14 at 6:56
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Don't forget to come back and accept your answer. This will keep it from popping back to the front page of the site looking for more answers. \$\endgroup\$ – The Photon Oct 16 '14 at 16:03
  • \$\begingroup\$ @ThePhoton thank you! I'd completely forgotten about this. \$\endgroup\$ – Schlaus Oct 16 '14 at 16:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ Can you add an image of the same?? otherwise, it's hard to keep guessing from the general description. \$\endgroup\$ – Mayank Jul 18 '17 at 6:52

I finally found the answer to be side glow fiber.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.