I am trying to know what is the black circular component stacked in front of the switch and adjacent to the large capacitor in this circuit board.

I am not talking about the transistor with the heat sink. I am talking about the circular black component.

This thing has 4 pins in the bottom.

enter image description here

  • 8
    \$\begingroup\$ Bridge rectifier. Pins should be labelled ~ ~ + -. \$\endgroup\$ – Brian Drummond Oct 26 '14 at 15:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ close up photo of that component showing the labelling is probably necessary. \$\endgroup\$ – placeholder Oct 26 '14 at 15:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ mccsemi.com/PDF/BridgeRectifiers.pdf \$\endgroup\$ – Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams Oct 26 '14 at 15:55
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ 400V PIV 1.5A bridge rectifier. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Oct 26 '14 at 16:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ And by the way it's not "a transistor with heat sink", but a 7805 linear voltage regulator (5V). \$\endgroup\$ – Majenko Oct 26 '14 at 16:44

This element is a bridge rectifier. The two oposite pins are AC input (designated with ~ ) and the other two are DC output (designated with + and - ).


That is rectifier of 4M ohm. + and minus labels are DC output. ~ labeled pins are AC input. Keep + on top and - at bottom then right side ~ is Phase and left side is Neutral.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.