I am choosing parts to build an analog RC switch debounce circuit. I plan to implement the circuit described here: http://www.ganssle.com/debouncing-pt2.htm (see "An RC Debouncer").
These are the other parts I plan to use for the circuit:
- Voltage supply: generic AC/DC wall wort adapter, output 5.0V DC 1A
- R1: 82K, 2W - http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/PR02000208202JR500/PPC82KW-2CT-ND/597440
- R2: 18K, 2W - http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/PR02000201802JR500/PPC18KW-2CT-ND/597334
- C: 1 µF - http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/FK24X7R1H105K/445-8517-ND/2815447
- Schmitt Trigger: 74AHCT14 - http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/SN74AHCT14DR/296-1474-1-ND/404972
- Switch: http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/40-2390-00/506PB-ND/185671
What part should I buy for the diode?
(Also, please point out any other mistakes I've made if you come across them -- my first time building a circuit. :3 I'm interested to see if it's a mistake to use a 1A AC/DC adapter or if my 2W resisters are correct for this circuit...)