So the question is short, how do i connect a single switch to a circuit that has a dual power supply (+/-) connected to it? Or do i have to use an special kind of switch?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Can you explain your problem more? The switch is use to switch the power supply? \$\endgroup\$ – diverger Nov 20 '14 at 5:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ The switch os used to turn the circuit on and off \$\endgroup\$ – JeremiasK Nov 20 '14 at 5:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ What's your two power supplies voltage? \$\endgroup\$ – diverger Nov 20 '14 at 5:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ They are both 12v \$\endgroup\$ – JeremiasK Nov 20 '14 at 5:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ DC 12V? Then how much current will flow in them? And do you want to manual control or use MCU to control the switching? \$\endgroup\$ – diverger Nov 20 '14 at 5:38

You'll need a double-pole switch. That's a bit like having two switches in one. A double-pole switch will simultaneously switch two separate circuits.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.