On this schematic for a Z80 computer, there appears to be a thick blue wire connecting some components together. What is it? Googling yields no results: here is the schematic

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Where is the schematic? \$\endgroup\$
    – Eugene Sh.
    Dec 16, 2014 at 17:29
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ Without actually seeing through your eyes at the schematic that only you have, I can only guess that it may be a bus. \$\endgroup\$
    – Majenko
    Dec 16, 2014 at 17:30
  • \$\begingroup\$ Sorry, Forgot the link! \$\endgroup\$
    – user60684
    Dec 16, 2014 at 17:36
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Seeing your edited link, @Majenko is correct - it's a bus. It's a good alternative to running individual wires between components (leading to a very complex diagram) or just labelling them (leading to schematic wide hunting for the other corresponding label). \$\endgroup\$
    – LeoR
    Dec 16, 2014 at 17:38
  • \$\begingroup\$ So if it was built on a breadboard, I could just use individual wires? \$\endgroup\$
    – user60684
    Dec 16, 2014 at 17:44

1 Answer 1


Yes, they are buses. The address, and the data bus.

They are basically a way of drawing lots of nets without having to draw each individual one. The label by the nets that connect to it define what connections are inside the bus.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.