I'm trying to set up a U-blox 6 GPS module with an Arduino.
In order to save power I have tried to reconfigure it using the U center to search for a fix only once every 5 minutes. I have read the instructions however probably I don't understand them correctly as the GPS still seems to give a reading for latitude and longitude once every second. I would like to know why this is and what I am doing wrong if someone could tell me.
The settings I used are:
Update Period: 300 Search Period: 150 Grid Offset: 0 Acquisition Timeout: 60 On Time:2
While the GPS itself is actually stationary I get results that are changing slightly e.g. as follows from 10:41:24:
$GPGLL,4119.01373,S,17445.96088,E,104124.00,A,A*71 10:41:25 $GPGLL,4119.01371,S,17445.96091,E,104125.00,A,A*7A 10:41:26 $GPGLL,4119.01373,S,17445.96100,E,104126.00,A,A*72 10:41:27 $GPGLL,4119.01371,S,17445.96102,E,104127.00,A,A*73 10:41:28 $GPGLL,4119.01380,S,17445.96110,E,104128.00,A,A*71 10:41:29 $GPGLL,4119.01380,S,17445.96112,E,104129.00,A,A*72 10:41:30 $GPGLL,4119.01380,S,17445.96112,E,104130.00,A,A*7A 10:41:31 $GPGLL,4119.01392,S,17445.96120,E,104131.00,A,A*79 10:41:32