I live right next to some suspended power lines. My mailbox is very close to them, and anytime I touch the mailbox, I get a mild shock. It seems to me I need to do something to ground the mailbox but...it's already on a post going into the ground. Why isn't the electrical charge transferring to the ground? Is there anything I can do? (I can't move the mailbox -- any place I can put it, it will get the charge. Also the type of mailbox I need to use is decreed by the HOA.)
Based on comments and responses so far (1/20/15) it seems like the consensus on the information I provided initially is that the mailbox is well-grounded, and the shock I feel is actually a charge leaving my body that I already had. Based on this, I tested with the mailbox some more, assuming that if this was the case I would only feel the shock once and not on repeated touches. What I found was that I am only shocked if I touch the mailbox door (which, you know, is kind of required to use it) and that I feel the shock even on repeated touches. I'm thinking perhaps the door and the box are made of different materials, and the door is building up a charge that the box and post are not conducting to the ground. Any new ideas based on this additional information?