I've an Enable pin active-high that have maximum voltage rating of 3.0v, but I use a 3.3v MCU outputs. I've also a 3.0v voltage regulator on board.

Should I use resistor voltage divider or there is a possibilty to use 3.0v voltage regulator? And how should I connect it?


Yes, you could just use a simple voltage divider. However, if you wanted to do it in a more fancy way with the 3.0V supply, you could use a simple resistor and transistor (NPN or N-channel logic level MOSFET) arrangement which inverts the pin so it becomes active low:


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab

So to activate your enable pin you would output a logic LOW, and to disable it a logic HIGH. It then also becomes the same as most other "Chip Enable" pins which are active low.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.