I have an Arduino (NG) board with an ATMEGA168 AVR micro. The board has a 6 pin ICSP header. Here is what I propose to do, please tell me if it is possible:
- Remove current ATMEGA168 IC
- Replace with a new AT AVR of similar series
- Plug in the programmer to the ICSP header on the Arduino
- Use avrdude software to program the AVR
- Remove AVR and install in a socket on my project board and replace the original ATMEGA168 AVR
- Continue to use the Arduino as normal
I have also thought about installing the 6 pin ICSP header on my project board so I can tweek the software with the chip in place. If I implement this part of the arduino circuit on my project would this be possible.