I've been hunting high and low across the internet, but I haven't had any luck so far.

What I need:

Brass terminals/contacts that can be soldered on a PCB and will receive electrical plugs. I want it to be able to receive plugs of all standards. What I'm looking for are terminals like these, but PCB mounted:enter image description here

I can't find them anywhere, and I don't even know what to search for.


I am looking for contacts that can be soldered onto PCBs, not complete housings. I need to produce a couple hundred of these PCBs, and the PCB must interface with the electrical plug directly.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Maybe electrodes. Your picture also shows a fuse holder. These can be bought PCB style. \$\endgroup\$ – Andy aka Feb 28 '15 at 10:19
  • \$\begingroup\$ There are quite a few around that can be soldered to PCBs, but in housings. Do you want the contacts only? \$\endgroup\$ – EM Fields Feb 28 '15 at 12:14
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes, I want the contacts only. \$\endgroup\$ – arsalan86 Mar 1 '15 at 7:07
  • \$\begingroup\$ I've always called them "contacts", although some folks might call them "terminals". No doubt the manufacturers have terms for the internal features -- eg, the "fingers" that surround a pin might be called "wipers". \$\endgroup\$ – Hot Licks Mar 1 '15 at 13:47
  • \$\begingroup\$ Is there a reason you can't use an IEC inlet or outlet for this? C13/C14 is ubiquitous worldwide -- just ask for a "computer power cord". \$\endgroup\$ – ThreePhaseEel Sep 9 '16 at 23:36

AC plugs can be used with adapters. The adapters allow a UK style plug to fit in a US wall socket or a French wall socket and vice versa. You normally see them for sale at airports.

So, get yourself a bunch of adapters to suit the wall socket of your choice then buy a wall socket that is compatible with being soldered to a PCB. If it needs to be a regular wall socket on a flying lead then is this going to be a problem?

Maybe get one of these: -

enter image description here

From here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.