Two of the blue wires touched while an 11.1v battery was hooked up and POP
What's in the photo:
- Yellow is the heat shrink wrapper I cut open
- the material with square impressions on it from the ICs is the heat sink
- My fingers are holding apart the heat shrink so you can see the burn
- The burn is from the damage of the two blue wires connecting.
- the PCB is flipped upside down so you can see the spot where the burn came from
It looks like the lowest left IC is a little melty on top so I'm thinking something fried in there. How do I check if that's bad? I have a multimeter and I'm prepared to use it I'm just not sure what to do.
This is an Electric Speed Controller for a brushless motor. The motor was spinning when two uncovered bullet connectors (from the blue wire side) touched and made a spark. After that the motor wouldn't spin it would just spaz out, acting like only 2/3 wires were working (understandably so).