enter image description hereI need to identify what I think is a voltage regulator. It is a TO-220 package with 023499 at the top and 8509 below it with KAG below that. Can anyone help with this? It is in a battery charger.

  • \$\begingroup\$ No other identifying marks or manufacturer's logos? \$\endgroup\$
    – brhans
    Mar 31 '15 at 17:19
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Could you post a photo of said device. Preferably one detailed enough to see the markings. A manufacturers logo would be useful as @brhans said. \$\endgroup\$ Mar 31 '15 at 17:27
  • \$\begingroup\$ Picture added, sorry about the quality. \$\endgroup\$
    – Phil
    Apr 1 '15 at 17:21

it looks to me like a Motorola thyristor produced in the ninth week of 1985. The K A G refer to the Cathode (K), anode (A) and Gate(G) pins.

The number is possibly a house number rather than a public one.


  • \$\begingroup\$ Any suggestions on a replacement for this component? It is 12V 10A battery charger. The output or charging cable (+) is connected to Gate pin. \$\endgroup\$
    – Phil
    Apr 8 '15 at 17:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.