I have a couple of these FT232RL breakout boards direct from China, look like they are Folger boards. I measured the voltage between Vcc and GND, and it's 5V from the factory.

It has 3.3V pad on the back. I'd like to change this to a 3.3V.

So do I solder the 3.3V pad to the center pad? Do I have to make a cut across the 5V trace?

Front back


On the picture it looks like there is a small trace between the 5V and centre pads. If that is the case, you must cut it and apply a solder blob connecting the 3.3V and centre pads.

I am not sure what this will do for the Vcc output pin. If it switches to 3.3V, be aware that you can draw only a very limited current from it.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.