I design a device that must connect to the docking station which has spring loaded pins. I'm looking for gold plated contact for the device side (sample shown on the picture), so these contact pads would be exposed through the plastic case.

Any idea what name I should be searching for these kind of contacts under from suppliers? I've been searching for multiple hours for "gold plated contact blocks", but haven't found yet.

  • \$\begingroup\$ try pcb spring contacts \$\endgroup\$ May 8, 2015 at 18:06
  • \$\begingroup\$ It's easy to find the spring contacts and pogo pins, but how would you name this gold-plated block on the picture? This one goes against the spring contacts that I already have in place. \$\endgroup\$
    – ainla
    May 8, 2015 at 18:08
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Try looking at the datasheet for the spring contacts, they should list a mating part. \$\endgroup\$
    – Passerby
    May 8, 2015 at 20:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ You can just use gold plated PCB tracks. This is quite common in OEM products (just look at USB connectors). In this case it looks like they needed some extra height so added a proprietary spacer part. \$\endgroup\$
    – Jon
    May 8, 2015 at 20:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yeah. Gold plated PCB track is the way I go if can't find the suitable component. I would like those blocks (shown on the photo), because then they would fit better into my plastic case. With PCB track I can't level the contact surface with the case surface. \$\endgroup\$
    – ainla
    May 9, 2015 at 13:33

1 Answer 1


Short Answer: test point

More details: Digikey have a dedicated test point section on their website. This covers all kinds of test points ranging from SMD to THT and tiny to XL.

One of my boards is using gold plated test points similar to these on your picture: HK-3-G-T from Manufacturer Mac8 (my BOM said Asianmicro though, this might be their previos name. Just speculation)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.