is there any known type of device will do the following:
[I have read the bi-directional potentiomenters posting LINK but I just joined and can not reply to that posting.
I am looking for a rotation rheostat/potentiometer to control a 110v 25w lightbulb.
- top-dead-center [slider at top-dead-center] = bulb at brightest
- rotate-clockwise = bulb dims [no need for a full-off clockwise position]
- rotate-counter clockwise = bulb dims [no need for a full-off CCW position]
My chiropractor son and I are trying to make this device YouTube LINK on our own
- The left bulb is always on [simple SPST switch]
- The right bulb dims if the plastic spine is rotated right, or left, from the dead-center [full bright] position
Thank you for your considerate assistance & recommendation.
Jim [Mech-Engr & tinkerer, with very little EE knowledge so please dumb-down your answer ]