I was working on my project using the LiPo battery. I mistakenly connected the battery terminals + to - and - to +, due to which the leads become too hot that it give me a heat shock. The charge in battery returned to zero. I placed it on charge with its charger, but the lights on the charger were not all red to show that it is discharged, one of the three lights was green. I took it out and check it after some time but it wasnt charged. I placed it again , this time 2 lights were green 1 off. I am confused whats wrong. Is the battery out of work? What if I charge it from another battery that is fully charged, connecting it + to + and - to - ?
closed as off-topic by Leon Heller, Ricardo, Daniel Grillo, Rev1.0, Scott Seidman Jun 8 '15 at 12:05
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "Questions on the repair of consumer electronics, appliances, or other devices must involve specific troubleshooting steps and demonstrate a good understanding of the underlying design of the device being repaired. See also: Is asking on how to fix a faulty circuit on topic?" – Leon Heller, Ricardo, Daniel Grillo, Rev1.0, Scott Seidman
Please throw away the battery. Do not attempt to charge it with the charger, and please, please, please do not attempt to charge it with another battery. The best case scenario is two dead batteries intstead of one.
If you short circuited plus and minus and they got so hot you got burned you "possibly" exceeded the maximum discharge current (by a factor of 10, possibly), destroying the battery. If you care about it so much you should disconnect the three cells and test them separately and carefully, but they're probably dead.
Search the web on how to dispose of LiPo batteries, there's a somewhat funny procedure you should follow.