Pulled from a large tube TV, this one is a real head scratcher. I think it's an RCA chip but all RCA chips I've see use a different part naming scheme (for example CAxxxx).

It's like the parts RCA A23 346-1, and the RCA A23 1101-01 but there's no record (I can find) that lists RCA making parts of this series.

Can anybody identify the IC from the picture below?

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ It's over 20 years old (you can tell from the 9245 date code -- 45th week of 1992). Good luck. \$\endgroup\$ – Pete Becker Jun 27 '15 at 12:04
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a custom ASIC, so I'm sorry to say it but you're probably SOL \$\endgroup\$ – DerStrom8 Jun 27 '15 at 14:56
  • \$\begingroup\$ Better to start with the TV model number and search for a manual or schematic. Using that you can locate it by Part ID and a least see the function and hopefully a part number. \$\endgroup\$ – user3169 Jun 27 '15 at 19:17

According to Sunergia, A23-837-1 cross references to RCA part #176226. Encompass identifies it as TA7630P, a DC controlled dual volume, balance, bass, treble audio IC. This matches your chip's package and country of origin.

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ That's quite a piece of detective work. \$\endgroup\$ – Li-aung Yip Jun 28 '15 at 19:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.