I am migrating a design (RF) to a space grade/Hi rel design. My board has a lot of RFI or EMI filters. In my previous BOM they were of conventional dimensions (0603 and such). Now, I have to go for Hi Rel components. The component I selected belongs to an EMi filter family from AVX. The screen shot of the shapes of these components are attached with this post.

enter image description here

The data sheet recommends the following:

For assured contact, it should be soldered directly to a bulkhead or a connector base

So, how do I solder these components to my board ? WIll I need a special case ? If so, will the case have 2 metal contacts that I can solder to the board ?


1 Answer 1


Those are feed through types - they are not designed to be used in a PCB, but for discrete wires coming through an enclosure or shield wall ("bulkhead").

  • \$\begingroup\$ any such ferrite beads for PCB ? Ideally in the standard conventional 0603,0805,...etc or such packages. \$\endgroup\$
    – Board-Man
    Commented Jul 24, 2015 at 12:20
  • \$\begingroup\$ Ferrite beads are ferrite beads- I'm not sure you'll find any special space-rated high-rel types. Lots of ordinary parts are just fine for space applications, especially LEO. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jul 24, 2015 at 21:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.