I came across some very thin coax cable, maybe 34awg,or even 36. Now i am wondering, foe which industry is it used and what connectors are available there. Any ideas?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Most likely application is cell phones. The connectors I know of (don't know if they go down to AWG 34 size) are a bunch of proprietary choices from different companies (Hirose is one I know of). \$\endgroup\$ – The Photon Aug 4 '15 at 21:14
  • \$\begingroup\$ Very thin coax with small brass connector (e.g. sma ) is typically used for antenna connections in small form factors. Commonly seen in wifi routers to connect the external antenna \$\endgroup\$ – crasic Aug 4 '15 at 21:49
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @crasic, SMA is absolutely huge compared to some of the stuff available for cell phones. Go have a look at Hirose's H.FL, X.FL, W.FL, etc. \$\endgroup\$ – The Photon Aug 5 '15 at 2:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks!! Hirose looks nice, although the cable is twice as thick. \$\endgroup\$ – Gregory Kornblum Aug 5 '15 at 16:52

1.32mm is a common RF Cable size 50 Ohm up to 6Ghz used inside wifi devices. It commonly connects to PCB mount U-FL connector, also supports MMCX connectors and SMA. We're using this cable to connect MMCX connector on a wiFi card inside our wifi router to the SMA antenna connector on the outside, and to do the same thing from U-FL connector on another WiFi card.

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't think, this cable is thicker than 0.5mm \$\endgroup\$ – Gregory Kornblum Aug 5 '15 at 7:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.