I'm looking through USB 3.1 specs and can't find any answer about one simple question.

I'm designing USB Type C to USB 3.0 Female A adapter, which will require USB 3.0 bandwidth (5Gbps) and standard 3.0 supply (900mA@5V). The idea i can't determine - can it be done without special ICs (like TUSB321 or CCG1/2)?

What i'm thinking for now: it can't be done without something like TUSB321 (which determines necessary current through CC). If i'm wrong - i'll be glad to hear it.


Yes all you need in this case is a Rd( Pull down resistor) across CC line.

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Some links to relevant specifications or example circuits would improve this answer. \$\endgroup\$ – David Oct 26 '15 at 20:29
  • \$\begingroup\$ You can refer USB Type-CTM Cable and Connector Specification Revision 1.1, April 3, 2015 from usb.org/developers/docs/usb_31_102015.zip Also you can refer simplified gist of the specification and other details in amazon.com/gp/product/B014SO7U4W \$\endgroup\$ – RERA Oct 27 '15 at 4:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.