I tried to measure some HDMI signals (the TMDS Clock) from my PS4 with a keysight MSOX3104A Oscilloscope. After my "measurement" the PS4 did not send any HDMI signal to the connected TV. Multiple soft resets (safe boot) did not fix the problem. I also tried another monitor to check on the signals, but same problem. Setup was a cut open HDMI cable with one end open and following connection to the oscilloscope:
- GND from Oscilloscope to TMDS_CLOCK-
- CH1 from Oscilloscope to TMDS_CLOCK+
- Input impedance was 1MOhm.
Is it possible the oscilloscope damaged the HDMI port? And why does the PS4 not send a valid HDMI signal anymore?
I can't imagine how this happened because I think I did everything right:
- The PS4 was isolated from earths ground.
- The HDMI port should be short circuit safe according to the specifications.
(If this is "off-topic", please let me know where I can ask this question..)