I have just a couple of questions...

  1. Is the "male" side the one with the male contacts or the male contact shroud?
  2. I'm also looking for the PNs for a 2 circuit configuration of the housing on the left side of the page. I presume the number in parentheses is the PN for the contact and the left most table at bottom has the PN for the housing.

enter image description here

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ male is usually with a pin-type contacts, the female is with receptacle contacts. Pretty intuitive, I would say.. \$\endgroup\$ – Eugene Sh. Aug 21 '15 at 14:16
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @EugeneSh. is correct. Pins = male, sockets = female. Doesn't matter what the shroud is doing. \$\endgroup\$ – DerStrom8 Aug 21 '15 at 14:18
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ BTW, the google translate from camera on my smartphone is working surprisingly well with this page. \$\endgroup\$ – Eugene Sh. Aug 21 '15 at 14:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ Apparently it's not allowed to post an answer containing Chinese characters. This is going to make it hard to give certain kinds of answers. \$\endgroup\$ – The Photon Aug 21 '15 at 16:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ There are similar alternatives from Molex, Tyco and the other usual suspects. \$\endgroup\$ – Lior Bilia Oct 29 '15 at 20:52

From the top left: "Negative Connecting Clamp".

Middle left: "Negative Connector"

Bottom: "Installation Dimensions/Measurements"

Top Right: "Positive Connector"

Left Table: "Socket", Right Table: "Plug"

Inside the tables, you have "Cable number", "Model Number" and then the dimensions in mm.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.