I'm looking for a few MOSFETs for a really small motor. This question is exactly what I am asking but I'm afraid this might be marked as a duplicate.
Basically, I have really small motors rated more or less 1A 3.7V. The answer provided in the question was to use a SSM3K123TU mosfet but I'm having a hard time looking for the specific piece. What I found instead while roaming around eBay were these:
- IRF9540 IRF9540N Power MOSFET P-Channel 23A 100V
- IRF3205 TO-220 IRF 3205 Power MOSFET 55V 110A
- IRFZ44N IRFZ44 N-Channel 49A 55V Transistor MOSFET Component TO-220
- IRF840N IRF840 N-channel 8A 500V MOSFET TO-220 IR Transistor
- 2N7000 MOSFET N-CHANNEL 60 Volts 0.2 Amps TO-92
- IRF510NPBF IRF510N IRF510 Power MOSFET N-Channel 5.6A 100V
I'm guessing that these are extremely overkill for my purposes, but I might be wrong. I'm just looking to control a 1A 3.7V motor using PWM. I'm concerned that these might be too inefficient and there might be smaller ones available.
Are these okay to use with a small load or should I go look for smaller ones?
This might/might not help:
Power source: 3.8V to 5V
Max motor current: <1.5 A