I have a completed PCB design drawn by Altium Designer. I want to increase via sizes. But there are too much of them, and changing all of them one by one will be a very long and bothersome work. Is there any way that I can select and resize them all at once?
Use PCB Filter to filter for all objects by using the statement 'IsVia'.
Then you can use PCB Inspector to change values all at once. When Via's still need to be big (like for power), you could also add extra filters to only select via's with certain hole sizes, but you'd have to look up what parameter this is saved in.
There are two ways to do this.
The PCB Filter Panel:
- Open the PCB Inspector panel ( Menu Bar -> View -> Workspace Panels -> PCB -> PCB )
This opens PCB Filter panel.
- In the PCB Filter panel, select "Hole Size Editor". Make sure the "Select" checkbox is checked.
Pick the via size you want to filter.
- You can also filter by type (Via, pad), Ownership (part of a component, or not), hole type, pad shape, etc...
All the vias of the size you picked are now selected, and you can now edit them using the PCB Inspector Panel. If you also applied a mask (every other component is greyed out), you can clear the mask by clicking the "Clear" button on the PCB Filter panel.
Alternatively, you can use the PCB List panel.
- Open the PCB List panel ( Menu Bar -> View -> Workspace Panels -> PCB -> PCB List )
This opens PCB List panel.
- At the top of the panel, click the "All Types of Objects". In the popup window, select
"Display Only: Via"
- If the very top-left of the window does not say "Edit", you are in view-only mode. Click the "View" label, and select "Edit" in the drop-down.
- The rest of the window will be populated by a list of every via on the board.
- You can shift-click or control-click to select individual vias or ranges of vias. Select a range of vias, and right-click on the hole size column, and hit edit. The new value you enter will be applied to every selected via.
The way I favor is the "Find Similar Objects" function.
- Select a via you want to change.
- Right click and select "Find Similar Objects" in the menu
- Setup the new dialog with the properties of the objects you want to change, like HoleSize etc.
- Activate "Select Matching" "Run Inspector" "Clear Existing"
- Click OK.
- The PCB Inspector will open up
- Now you can adjust everything as needed.
IMHO this is the fastest way to do such changes and also a very powerful one. But take care, with great power comes great responsibility. ;)