An analog video camera has this connector.

9.4mm, sting hole much thinner than in RCA (but still too thick for a copper core); has 2 bumps (or whatever they're called) on its sides (turning lock?). No screw thread.

enter image description here


closed as off-topic by Nick Alexeev Sep 8 '15 at 23:26

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on the use of electronic devices are off-topic as this site is intended specifically for questions on electronics design." – Nick Alexeev
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 7
    \$\begingroup\$ It's BNC female \$\endgroup\$ – Eugene Sh. Sep 8 '15 at 19:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ Also, the "turning lock" you refer to makes it a "bayonet-style" plug, which is what the B in BNC stands for. \$\endgroup\$ – Random832 Sep 8 '15 at 21:25

It's a female BNC connector. They're normally found on the front and back panels of devices like oscilloscopes that need a coaxial connection for good high-frequency response.

Male and female BNC diagram


It's a BNC female connector. It may be 50 ohms or 75 ohms (50 ohms is more common for antennas and 75 for video).

The difference is not too important for the connector itself, but you should find out the proper impedance for the cable or you may compromise the video quality.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.