I need some advice:
- i want to connect an altera FPGA to a computer by USB interface.
- i want to avoid placing an microcontroller in my board..
- i want to set a nios II to "talk" to the computer
- i only need the fpga/nios to act as slave, never as host
- the interface chip , should be inexpensive , low pincount & simple.
i know there is demo board terrasic D2-11 with ISP1362 or CY7C67200 , but this chips are as expensive as using an real stand alone microcontroller.
would it be a good idea to use a USB to spi/uart transceiver , in order to interface my NIOS to a PC?
any chip/topology recommendations?
thanks for the advice...