I want to put some breakaway headers into my Eagle CAD file. By that, I mean these:

breakaway male headers

Does Eagle come packaged with a library for these? If so, what is the part called, and which library is it in?


1 Answer 1


Eagle does indeed. The library you will want to look for is called pinhead. It has various 2.54mm (0.1") pitch pinheaders in it.

If it's not on the list, go to the Eagle control panel window, right click on Libraries and choose Use all. Then, in the schematic window, go to Library > Update all to update the libraries list.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ +1 on this for making me laugh, wish I could give +1 to whoever named that library. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 29, 2012 at 21:48
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ +1 for funny library names. Proteus ships with a library called ASSMANN (not for pinheads, though) :-) \$\endgroup\$ Commented Apr 24, 2013 at 18:42
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Is there a female equivalent of pinhead? \$\endgroup\$
    – osvein
    Commented Jun 3, 2014 at 17:05
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ The footprint is the same, just use the pinhead part and place a female header \$\endgroup\$
    – Bojangles
    Commented Jun 3, 2014 at 19:05
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ @Bojangles that doesn't give you the correct silkscreen (i.e. instructions for assembly). The right answer is con-lsta.lbr. @Spookbuster \$\endgroup\$ Commented Dec 24, 2016 at 11:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.