I just disassembled my Android Galaxy S in attempt to create something like the iPhones physical sound on\off switch. This is how the unplugged speaker looks like:
Until now I have learned the speaker is connected directly to the phone like shown in this picture (The bump in the green zone indicates the wire that's popping out of the speaker. that goes right into the blue "receiver"). What I want to do is "plant" a micro-switch between the phone and the speaker.
To do so, I need to find out the type of connection of the speaker shown in the first picture, and then get:
- A few wires of this sort.
- A microswitch that goes with it, or some kind of adapter to transfer the wires' signal to and from thicker wires. that way I can plug those wires to a microswitch and then back to the speaker.
As you can see I'm quite a noob in this area, but I'd really appreciate any help given. To sum up, my questions are:
- What kind of wire is this?
- Where can I get more of this type?
- Where can I get a microswitch to fit with it, or maybe, like mentioned before, somekind of adapter from and to thicker wires?