We have a breastpump which we bought in USA.

See the pump here

The adapter which came with it has following printed on it:

Input: 110-120V 60Hz 18W
Output: 9V 1.0A

See the power adapter here

I believe it means input of 110V AC current supply from the plug on the wall gets converted to 9V 1.0 ampere DC current supply to the pump.

We are leaving for India and want to use the pump there.

What should I buy so that the pump works in India ?

Please let me know if any other information is needed to resolve our query.

Thanks in advance!


closed as off-topic by Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, Leon Heller, PeterJ, efox29, Nick Alexeev Oct 13 '15 at 1:03

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on the use of electronic devices are off-topic as this site is intended specifically for questions on electronics design." – Leon Heller, PeterJ, efox29, Nick Alexeev
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


You need a power supply designed for 220 Volt AC input, that will produce 9 Volts DC at 1 Amp or more.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Can you please link me to this on Amazon. Just to get an idea what I need to look for. Elecritcal Engineering terms are out of my league. :) \$\endgroup\$ – Vicky Oct 13 '15 at 0:20

Just use a 220v to 120v converter, like this one...

  • \$\begingroup\$ That looks like an appropriate one. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Oct 13 '15 at 1:03

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.