I am seeking help. I am NOT an electrical engineer!
I have a D-Link DCS-5222 camera that I am using for security. I have made an IR LED array to provide illumination when the camera is in IR mode. I am trying to connect a relay between the camera DO and the light source so that the light will turn on when triggered by motion.
The LED array uses a 12VDC power supply and draws approximately 960mA.
The only documentation I have for the camera's DI/DO is below.
I have a 5VDC,1 CHANNEL HIGH/LOW LEVEL INPUT, photo and specs below. I do not have any datasheet for the relay.
1. MAXIMUM LOAD RATINGS : AC 250V/10A, DC 30V/10A;
2. using SMD optocoupler isolation, driving ability, stable performance; trigger current 5mA;
3. 12VDC Operating voltage
4. the module can be set for a high or a low level input by a jumper setting for each channel 5. Relay is rated at 12VDC Coil , OUTPUT CLOSURE CONTACTS @ 10 AMPS 250VAC/30VDC
6. BOARD POWER INDICATOR IS GREEN LED AND THE RELAY STATUS INDICATORS ARE RED
7. ALL TERMINAL CONNECTIONS FOR THE I/O CONNECTIONS 8. MODULE DIMENSIONS EACH BOARD; 1 15/16"D X 1"W X 3/4"T
Module interface: 1. DC+: positive power supply (VCC) 2. DC-: negative power supply (GND) 3. IN: can be high or low level control relay
Relay outputs: 1. NO: normally open relay interface 2. COM: Common Interface Relays 3. NC: normally closed relay interface
High and low level trigger options: It is low level trigger when jumper connect to LOW pin It is high level trigger when jumper connect to HIGH pin
--END OF SPECS--
Can anyone help me figure out how to connect between the camera and the relay? I am trying to power the low side of the relay from the camera.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!