Aside from looking like an upside-down Wall-E, what is this connector called? It may look like there are two pins, but they are the same contact.enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks to be something that is called a "Faston" connector. That's probably somebody's trademarked name but is the name that is used in both the Electrical and Electronics industries. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 11 '15 at 0:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ It doesn't look like a Faston(tm) connector to me. A couple of better pictures, from different angles, and a picture of the mating part, might help someone identify it. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 11 '15 at 0:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ Out of curiosity, what is in the background in this picture? \$\endgroup\$
    – Daniel
    Nov 11 '15 at 1:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ A picture that actually has the thing you want to identify in focus WOULD be helpful. Many pixels, lot's of zoom, but blurry as heck says - yep, thats a blurry red thing on the end of a wire. \$\endgroup\$
    – Ecnerwal
    Nov 11 '15 at 2:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks. Sorry for the blurry photo. My camera was too shakey and was annoying. And the device in the background is a mat that produces a short circuit output when someone steps on it. I'm trying to connect it to my arduino. \$\endgroup\$
    – PJazz
    Nov 11 '15 at 3:55

These are called Quick disconnect terminals. It's a very generic family of connectors.

enter image description here (page where the picture came from)


It looks like a blade terminal, although I could only speculate on the size.

Here's a picture of what the other side looks like: blade terminals

edit: It could also be a spade terminal (which looks like this): enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.