I have found a lot of topics but none of them describe what I want to use it for. Basically I want to put 104 RGB Leds under my laptop's keyboard and be able to control them individually. The following list is my shopping list:
- 104 RGB Leds with common cathode @ 20mA each = ~2.1A total
- 7 LED drivers (TLC5940)
- 3 voltage regulators (IRF9520)
- 3 resistors @ 4.7K
Now I want to control each LED individually and I will create a proof of concept with an Arduino but my questions are as follows:
- Is the laptop's keyboard cable capable of delivering ~2.1A?
- How can I supply a clock to the LED drivers (straight from laptop motherboard)?
- Would it be possible to control the LED drivers with a Windows driver or would I need a separate controller like an Arduino?