Desperately trying to find a receptacle to match these 10-years-old cords which come from a Beckman Coulter FC500 cytometer. Anyone know the name?

The receptacle previously used is labelled "AMP" with a squiggly M.

Requested infos: Diameter of connector barrel at the end is 4.2mm/.165". Length of gold cap portion is 15.5mm/.610"

The connector seems to be push insertion, with a cheap friction-lock style retention clip on the receptacle (easily bent).

I've included the bag labelled "FOA" but it's electrical, not fiber optic! Could just be a reused bag...

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Wtf. Never seen that thing before. But others may have. To assist them you could take a caliper and add some measures to your question. I.e. diameter and length for a start. \$\endgroup\$
    – Ariser
    Dec 8, 2015 at 20:44
  • \$\begingroup\$ Also some better pictures (including better cropping) won't hurt, my guess would be something custom though. \$\endgroup\$
    – PlasmaHH
    Dec 8, 2015 at 20:53
  • \$\begingroup\$ Added requested infos. Sorry my camera can't really focus on really small things that well. \$\endgroup\$
    – Keegan Jay
    Dec 8, 2015 at 21:08
  • \$\begingroup\$ The connector sockets are marked AMP. That's part of TE Connectivity. You might have some luck contacting them. \$\endgroup\$
    – Simon B
    Dec 8, 2015 at 22:23

2 Answers 2


More precisely the are called "Coaxicon" by TE; here's a brochure http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/595245.pdf. Beware that they come in several sizes. It looks like yours are the "miniature" version (there's also "subminiature" and "size 8"). Since it seems you want the PCB-mount socket (there's also a cable mount):

enter image description here


They are TE connectors, at digikey http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=201145-4&vendor=17 typically used with backplane connectors, it seems.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ +1 because Helpful, but OP is looking for the single pin plug/female receptacle. \$\endgroup\$
    – Passerby
    Dec 9, 2015 at 4:52
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thank you! This is just as helpful. Were you already familiar or did you search for it somehow? \$\endgroup\$
    – Keegan Jay
    Dec 9, 2015 at 11:44
  • \$\begingroup\$ I am somewhat familiar with this style of connector but I did an image search "te amp coax miniature" and found it \$\endgroup\$
    – johnnymopo
    Dec 9, 2015 at 16:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.