I'm currently building an FM Microphone kit and I'd like to understand its operation before physically putting it together. The documentation only provides an overview of some aspects and provides no calculations or insight into the selection of component values.
- Am I correct in identifying R1 and the condenser microphone (hereafter Mic,) and R2 and R3 as voltage dividers?
- Given an input of 9V, R2∩R3 will output 1.59V?
- For R1∩Mic to be in voltage equilibrium with R2∩R3, the impedance of the Mic at rest must be 59KΩ?
- Why is a polarised type used for C1? (a tantalum cap was provided in the kit if that helps)
- What are C2 and C3 doing? Do they form some sort of lowpass filter?
- To keep the LC tank oscillating, how do you calculate what power to inject each cycle? (I know it has to be in phase)