This question is in reference to my previous question where some suggestions were made that went somewhat off-topic.
Major questions are
- How to properly share GND between the two boards in order to minimize ADC noise/error at all costs?
- How to properly buffer the CLK and serial signals in and out of the ADC?
Concerns I'm having:
- I know the ribbon should have GND in between each signal (since some are 40MHz) but should GND be connected to both planes on either side?
- It was suggested to buffer the ADC I/O so that the ADC doesn't have to drive a lot of current, but where do the buffers get their power and ground from?
- Here I have signals traveling over the edges of ground planes, which I've heard defeats the purpose of having a ground plane.
- Since the PCBs are already getting a GND connection at the power supply, doesn't also having GND in the ribbon create a loop?